Thursday, August 04, 2011

Stryke of the Apes

Stryker (1983)
Directed by Cirio H. Santiago
Dipped into my San Jose VHS haul to finally view this gem. Really fun early 80s sci-fi action adventure. Naturally a Road Warrior rip-off but still plenty entertaining. And Steve Sandor is a decent lead as Stryker. “After the holocaust, nothing matters but survival.”

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
Directed by Rupert Wyatt
Went to the midnight screening b/c I just couldn’t take hearing / reading anymore about this film. The positive buzz was nearly overwhelming so I didn’t want my expectations to get the best of me. Good thing because this is a great film. It pays off in many ways. Didn’t like the callbacks to the original PotA flick but whatever. The drama is really great. Much to appreciate here.

No comments: