Monday, February 02, 2009

City of Goonies

I meant to see City of God years ago but it got buried away with many other notable movies. It is everything everyone has said about it and then some. Insanely good. See it if you haven't.

The Goonies is flick I will openly admit I've never seen beginning to end. I had only seen bits and pieces on TV and understood the premise and characters but never watched the complete film. I wasn't aware of the big names attached to this (Richard Donner, Steven Spielberg, & Chris Columbus). Since I have no nostalgic attachment this flick I can say that it's not very good (despite the involvement of those aforementioned names) but it's cute and I can see how it became so revered. It's ripe for a remake and introduction to a new generation. Great to see Josh Brolin as a kid.

No comments: