Saturday, July 09, 2011

Can You Hear Me Calling?

Oh Ki-hwan's Voices (2007) suffers from a premise that is often hard to swallow; those around you want you dead so bad things happen. The protagonist here seems to be at the center of envy from everyone including her friends and family. The evil spirit jumps from person to person trying to kill her. If you can buy the story this will work for you. 6.6 / 10

My Planet of the Apes blu-ray boxed arrived so I've been chomping at the bit to view the films again. We arranged a special movie night to do just that but not the first film (because Ron's already shown that one to his kids). Tonight I watched the original Planet of the Apes (1968) on blu-ray by myself just to prepare. The PQ is pretty nice altho not as good as I expected. Still it's a great film that really only drags at the very end. But it remains one of my favorites for everything leading up to that. 9 / 10

  • July New: 9
  • July Re-watch: 1
  • July '11 MTD: 10
  • July '10 MTD: 54
  • 2011 YTD: 396

No comments: