Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dumb and Dumber

Waitress! (1981) is a not-so-good eighties comedy that I was hoping would provide a little more enjoyment being an early Troma flick (and one co-directed by Lloyd Kaufman). Sadly it's just forgettable. 5.5 / 10

And what could be more forgettable than Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)? Not much. Save for a few beautiful shots of Chicago getting blown to all hell this film is terrible and possibly the worst movie I'll see this year. What's truly unfortunate is that there could have been a decent movie in this had a couple of the characters and subplots been excised. As I tweeted, "the upside is that I will never have to watch that again." 3 / 10

Something to remove that awful taste from my eyes Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953) is another selection from my blindspot project. This Howard Hawks musical comedy romp is wonderful with two sparkling leads in Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe. One I'm sure to revisit. 7.6 / 10


  • July New: 12
  • July Re-watch: 1
  • July '11 MTD: 13
  • July '10 MTD: 54
  • 2011 YTD: 399

No comments: