Sunday, February 27, 2011

Suburban Delight

Sunday chilling with more Hackman in the form of Chicago-based The Package (1989), one I have seen before but forgot most of it. Good thriller and bonus for Chicago and Sipowitz. 6.8/10

Another NWI expiring soon film: Nicolas Roeg's Don't Look Now (1973), featuring Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie and their infamous sex scene. Not a giallo but definitely evokes that mood with its imagery and setting. 7/10

Also on NWI Tom Hanks in The 'burbs (1989). Such a warm and entertaining film by Joe Dante. Despite liking this shortly after the time it was released (caught it on cable) it was never something that grabbed me. But revisiting now it's like rediscovering a classic. So much fun. 7.2/10

  • February New: 59
  • February Re-watch: 8
  • February '11 Total: 67
  • February '10 Total: 61
  • 2011 TOTAL: 158

1 comment:

free movies said...

The Suburban Delight seems to be a good and interesting movie. I got some good responses from my friends. I like the main character of the movie. I think I can watch it once. What you say? Share your opinion with me about this movie.