Friday, April 08, 2011

Sinner Punched

Was glad that Sucker Punch (2011) was still on screens after its dismal performance at the box office. I wanted to see it on the big screen again to affirm my first reactions; yep, still love this silly flick. Look forward to the extended cut on Blu-ray. Still don't care what the critics think because even for those that didn't like it, I enjoy the discussion arising from what may or may not be happening in the movie. 7.7/10

From my Netflix I spun Nagisa Ôshima's Sinner in Paradise a.k.a. Three Resurrected Drunkards (1968). This is an interesting comedy of 3 teens that get mistaken for Koreans and find themselves running from the authorities. Overall a good film with a unique ending. 6.7/10

Then from streaming I viewed Dracula's Widow (1988) directed by Christopher Coppola. Upside it stars Sylvia Kristel. Downside it's a rather awful movie. I give it credit for some decent practical effects. 5.5/10

  • April New: 7
  • April Re-watch: 2
  • April '11 Total: 9
  • April '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 238

No comments: