Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Skate Sourcing

Flew back to Chicago today from San Jose. On the plane I watched a couple of films via my macbook. First up was a Albert Pyun joint Nemesis 2: Nebula (1995), which is a sequel to a film I haven't seen. Doesn't really matter as this isn't really a good flick but decent enough with a few highlights. One included an amazing high tower drop that looks amazing. 6/10

Next up was a film I've been wanting to see for a while, Skatetown, U.S.A. (1979). This really nails the skate culture that I grew up with hitting my very own Skateland in East Moline every Friday night. Love seeing the young Patrick Swayze. Not to mention Scott Baio, Maureen McCormick, and Billy Barty! This needs a proper release. 7/10

As soon as I arrived home I headed out to AMC Showplace for a late screening of Duncan Jones' newest Source Code (2011). I really like the sci-fi of this flick and being set in Chicago is a bonus. Very enjoyable popcorn flick. 8/10

  • April New: 3
  • April Re-watch: 1
  • April '11 Total: 4
  • April '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 233

No comments: