Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bad Dreams

OK, finally got out to see Inception (2010). Hated waiting this long after all the chatter but little I could do w/the girl visiting last weekend. Now that I've seen it I'm not totally sold on its so-called greatness. Technically it's a brilliant film but plot is rather simple yet delivered in a complex manner. I suppose Nolan intended to convey the simplicity in very complicated way to give an intellectual component but didn't quite work for me. Look forward to second viewing. 7/10

From Netflix, LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers (2010). Cute but plays more like video game cut scenes sewn together. 6/10

From the library: The African Queen (1951), another classic I've always wanted to see. Bogart/Hepburn = excellent. Great film but not entirely satisfied with the ending. Still a must-see. 8/10

Also from my library: Bad Blonde (1953), a Hammer noir featuring the notorious & hot Barbara Payton. Quite a fun little flick and love Payton's over-lusting looks. 6.5/10
  • July New: 30
  • July Re-watch: 8
  • July Total: 38
  • 2010 TOTAL: 425

No comments: