Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Green Menace Strikes Back

G-Fest started today (that's "Godzilla Festival" for you freshies) and it's one of my favorite times of the year. It's not so much the festival part of this event but rather the movie line-up that warms the cockles of my heart. I heart viewing the giant green monster on the big screen. This year's line-up is one of the best yet with 4 films screening today! I skipped Son of Godzilla (too early in the day) but plopped down in my seat for the 2nd feature, Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992). Having not seen this one, I was thrilled to view it in this environment (surrounded by Gojira fans!).


Ron drove in to meet me at Pickwick Theater for the next film, Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000). I had forgotten that this was one that I had seen before but Ron had not. This movie is when the G-Force was established to destroy the now evil Godzilla. Never liked that they decided to make Godzilla evil after Godzilla 2000.

After that was the screening for Godzilla 2000 (2000), which I saw at Webster Cinema in Chicago when it originally was released back in 2000. It was fun then and still fun with a great audience. That was the last screening for G-Fest.

Now close to midnight, Ron & I hustled over to Muvico to check out the 12:01AM premiere of Nimród Antal's Predators (2010). I give this a solid 7.5 for being a fun & refreshing reboot of the franchise. It walks the line of being pretentious but Adrien Brody sells it quite well. Alice Braga is also pretty good (finally). I look forward to future screenings of this. Me loves the Predator.
  • July New: 12
  • July Re-watch: 5
  • July Total: 17
  • 2010 TOTAL: 404

No comments: