Thursday, July 29, 2010

Silly & Sobering Stopmo

Did a great stopmo double feature on Netflix Watch Instantly that included A Town Called Panic (2009) and Mary and Max (2009). Adore both these films for different reasons. Stop motion is excellent is both. Town Called Panic is much more lyrical & humorous. Mary & Max is almost the flipside of that as a sad and often depressing look at how two lives on opposite sides of the earth have connected. Love Adam Elliot's Harvey Krumpet so I was predisposed to like it. I do. Again, this is a great double feature to do on NWI. Watch 'em both!


More catching up with unseen Mario Bava I spun his sword & sandal flick Knives of the Avenger (1966) starring Cameron Mitchell as the viking warrior hero. Despite some criticism I kinda liked this film. It's part of the Bava Box Set which I plan to buy.
  • July New: 40
  • July Re-watch: 9
  • July Total: 49
  • 2010 TOTAL: 436

No comments: