Sunday, July 04, 2010

Last Ring Around The Gate


It's been too damn long since I've seen The Gate (1987). Thanks to some recent bubbling on Twitter about it I finally picked it up again. So much excellence in this 80s monster flick incl. the child actor Stephen Dorff. But I really love Terry's Killer Dwarfs jean jacket the most. Heh. So much fun is this one.

To say M. Night Shyamalan took a dump on the property in his The Last Airbender (2010) is putting it mildly. Yes, this is a bad film but hardly the turd the movie critics and bloggers have made it out to be. It really isn't that terrible and hardly the worst film I've seen. I would actually recommend it to the appropriate age set. In the hands of a more capable directory this franchise could be turned around.

Referring to my top rated blindspot list I finally spun Gore Verbinski's The Ring (2002), which I've had sitting on my shelf for 8 years. As a big of the original Japanese film Ringu I've never been all that interested in viewing this "remake". Now having seen it I'm glad that enough changes were incorporated into the story to make it stand on its own. Great camera work and acting. Visually solid but still prefer the original.
  • July New: 8
  • July Re-watch: 2
  • July Total: 10
  • 2010 TOTAL: 397

No comments: