Saturday, January 17, 2009

More Humorous Bollywood

so tonight I made a valiant attempt to finally see Slumdog Millionaire on the big screen... to no avail. sold out. on top of that, Village Crossing 18 was a fuckstory; automated ticket machines out of order, a throng of people in line out the door, no announcement of sold out shows. so I waited in the long line only to discover my showing was sold out. a joke. it's a real joke that this flick isn't on more screens or in more theaters. hrmph.

earlier in the afternoon I was thoroughly entertained by the new Bollywood release Chandni Chowk to China, a Bollywood Kung Fu affair (supposedly the first of its kind). Not the best Bollywood flick by any stretch but loads of fun. And Deepika Padukone is yet another gorgeous new actress to watch.

Around 3:45AM this morning I finished Season 1 of Spaced. This is the highly rated 1999 BBC TV series starring Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes (directed by Edgar Wright). This show is so good I will have to own it someday. So clever and witty I'm surprised it hasn't been remade into an American show already (a la The Office). Another highly recommended watch (esp. for my friend p@).

No comments: