Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nazi Wrestling Werewolves

today was a triple feature day... working in reverse, tonight I soaked in Paul Verhoeven's WWII drama Black Book, which was excellent in every way with a tour de force preformance by Carice van Houten. She is stunning and makes the movie.

earlier I was at The Glen 10 theater to see The Wrestler on the big screen. What more needs to be said about this flick? Mickey Rourke is awesome; Marisa Tomei is hot. another definite recommended flick. And the best soundtrack I've heard in a long time! (but curious as to why RATT didn't give the rights for the original tunes?!)

during the AM hours I began my re-watch of Underworld (thinking I was going to see the latest Underworld Rise of the Lycans at the theater today). Had to finish it after I got home from The Wrestler viewing. Underworld isn't a bad flick... it's actually a pretty good vampire/werewolf film with style, action and attractive leads. Kate Beckinsale looks terrific, natch.

No comments: