Friday, February 12, 2010

The Hausu That Rocks The Cradle

Had an impromptu movie night @Ron's home since pAT was in town (he's moving back to Chicago!) so after several rounds of Rock Band, Chinese take-out & movie trailers we fired up some films. First up was one I've been longing to watch as a movie night feature. Orphan (2009) I originally saw late last year right before taking off for a trip to L.A. Loved it so much I knew I had to see again. Ron & pAT hadn't seen it previously so it was a perfect watch (yeah, they dug it too). Still an honorable mention for my best of 2009.

Next was Nobuhiko Obayashi's Hausu (1977), which I've heard so much about and thought it might not live up to the hype. Fortunately it delivered in every area. Look forward to the official release of this film... so damn crazy. Horror, comedy, drama, batshit insanity. If I wasn't leaving for another trip out west I'd be in line for Chicago screening at Siskel Film Center. It's that damn good.

Split movie night sometime after 1AM (~hour drive home). Still a little wound-up I finished Justice League: The New Frontier (2008) on NWI. Gotta say I dig the violence of these DC animated films! This one is solid 'cept for Jeremy Sisto's Batman voiceover.

No comments: