Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dead Heat

Now that the girlfriend is on her way to the Dominican Republic, I'm back to watching movies. From Instawatch I dropped in an old sex comedy H.O.T.S. (1979), which I had only seen parts of thru the years. Yeah, this is dumb film but certainly watchable for those that dig these (as I do). It's the familiar story of outcast girls starting their own sorority as some crooks fall in to steal their money from a fundraiser. Playboy Playmate Susan Lynn Kiger leads the pack, and Danny Bonaduce even has a somewhat prominent role. Dumb fun. 6 / 10

Dead Man's Shoes (2004) was twitter rec based on some Paddy Considine discussion. Another cool flick I wished I had seen sooner. And one I'd also recommend. Well crafted story of a man who returns to avenge the brutality weighed on his brother by a group of hoodlums. Very worthy Shane Meadows joint. 7 / 10


  • May New: 37
  • May Re-watch: 4
  • May '11 Total: 41
  • May '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 309

No comments: