Sunday, May 29, 2011

Simpler Tides

Ventured out to the cinema to view the next installment in the Pirates franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) directed by Rob Marshall. Despite being sufficient in continuing the story with Jack Sparrow nothing about the movie feels epic in scope compared to the others. No big set-pieces. That and Sparrow being left to carry the film really bring it down. It's just not very interesting. 6 / 10

Back to my blindspot project I finally watched the Coen's Blood Simple. (1984). Such a meaty film that I know I will have to watch again. Not sure I was in the best frame of mind to really absorb it properly but this is a damn good film. 7.6 / 10


  • May New: 39
  • May Re-watch: 4
  • May '11 Total: 43
  • May '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 311

No comments: