Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spenser For Hire

When perusing OnDemand titles I saw that The Ice Pirates (1984) was available in HD! High Def, people! Having somehow missed this treasure and loving the heck outta Robert Urich, this was a no-brainer. Man oh man do I heart this movie. It's like everything I want in a cheesy space western adventure movie. I would own this on Blu-ray. 7 / 10

Finally made it out to see Thor (2011). Parts of it I really like and other parts are just meh. It's a mixed bag that mostly works and saved by breakout performance by Chris Hemsworth. The Hawkeye cameo wasn't needed but it made me smile. Agreed that Natalie Portman's character was paper thin but she looks terrific. Sadly the Warrior Three are wasted but it's a rewatchable flick. 7 / 10

Dipped in my Greydon Clark DVDs I picked up from HorrorHound Weekend and gave Angels' Brigade (1979) a watch. Sublime silliness. Goofy entertainment. Plus Jack Palance and Jim Backus! The tagline: "Seven super sexy girls take on the bad guys in an explosion of wild action, crazy stunts, and loads of laughs!" Now doesn't that make you wanna see this film? 6 / 10


  • May New: 22
  • May Re-watch: 2
  • May '11 Total: 24
  • May '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 292

No comments: