Monday, May 30, 2011

Surviving the Ghost

Because it was expiring on the Watch Instantly I fired up Don Coscarelli's Survival Quest (1989), featuring my favorite Lance Henriksen. This is an more than adequate mountain survival flick with some good character moments. Enjoyed seeing the young Catherine Keener getting flustered. Good watch. 7 / 10

Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) was also on the box. I missed its theatrical debut since after the first film I just lacked any interest in the story. That said, I kinda like this film and some of the scares. In the right mindset this can be very effective. Also like that it's a prequel and sequel in one film, which I haven't seen. It just works for me. 7 / 10

Recently acquired the blu-ray for From Paris with Love (2010) during the Blockbuster sale. Heard of mix of reactions when the movie was released so I was very curious. Now having seen this movie I can say that I'm sad I didn't go out to catch it in the theater. Damn, this is fun ride, folks. Screw the naysayers and see this movie. It's balls out fun. 7.5 / 10

  • May New: 42
  • May Re-watch: 4
  • May '11 Total: 46
  • May '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 314

No comments: