Saturday, May 07, 2011

Prepared to be Slimed

Had Kinji Fukasaku's The Green Slime (1968) recorded on my DVR from TCM for at least a year and decided it was time to knock it out. What a trip that I'm not even sure I could explain it fully. But helluva catchy theme song! Wouldn't mind having this on DVD / BD someday. 6 / 10

Now out the theater for Justin Lin's Fast Five (2011). Damn. This is what all summer tent pole actioners should aspire to. Big, loud, packed to brim with testosterone and beautiful people even when they're covered in grime. I would go see it this again in a heartbeat if it weren't so damn long. Definitely will pick it up on Blu and rematch. Gal Gadot is hot. Sung Kang! Who knew Don Omar could act?! Big dumb and exciting. 8 / 10

From the Instawatch I cleared another John Waters film from my blindspot list, A Dirty Shame (2004). Had no idea what to expect and just based on the turn this film takes, it wouldn't have mattered. Fun movie and great cast. 7 / 10

  • May New: 7
  • May Re-watch: 2
  • May '11 Total: 9
  • May '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 277

No comments: