Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Preaching in Paradise

Back to @leiabox's best documentary list I finally sat down with Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills (1996). This is a long film but I think I never bothered because this case had received so much attention at the time I didn't feel I needed to watch it. But I'm glad I did even though it just made more upset at the incompetence and ignorance of all the people involved. 8 / 10

Went out for a big screen viewing of Priest (2011), which had been on my radar since the first trailers hit. It has all the hallmarks of what I like in silly, post-apocalyptic films, including Maggie Q. Sadly it's not very good yet good enough for my tastes. I would watch this again on Blu. 6 / 10


  • May New: 27
  • May Re-watch: 2
  • May '11 Total: 29
  • May '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 297

No comments: