Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mighty Heat

Getting back to my primary blindspot project (to watch all my unseen films in Flickchart's Top 500) I queued Some Like It Hot (1959), rated 320 overall at Flickchart. This is Billy Wilder I love. Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon are so damn good even if it's an often high suspension of belief to think they can pull off women in drag for so long unnoticed. Marilyn Monroe has some sweet scenes but it's those two guys that make this great. 7.5 / 10

The Asylum's Almighty Thor (2011) premiered on SyFy to coincide with the big budget Marvel release of Thor. Of course I had to watch it but I'll go on record stating this is not one of the better Asylum films (and that, my friends, is saying a lot). It's just not good. At all. 4 / 10

  • May New: 9
  • May Re-watch: 2
  • May '11 Total: 11
  • May '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 279

No comments: