Thursday, May 12, 2011

No Thanks to Mystery

From my library I finally decided to give Sorority Row (2009) a spin. Stupid movie in a not good way and challenging to maintain any interest or care for it and the characters. Good production but lousy screenplay. 5 / 10

ThanksKilling (2009) has been in my Neflix Watch Instantly queue since the day it was added… but since it was expiring I finally clicked it. Wasn't looking forward to viewing b/c it's akin to a awful Troma flick. And I was right. Not enjoyable. 4 / 10

Mystery on Monster Island a.k.a. Misterio en la isla de los monstruos (1981) is a bizarre mash-up of Robinson Crusoe and The Lost World, a Spanish one at that. It features Peter Cushing, Terrace Stamp and Paul Naschy in small supporting roles. The main protagonist is a young man sent to survive on an island full of monsters and hidden gold. I won't say anymore because it would be giving away the main idea of the film. Not a good movie but certainly interesting. 6 / 10


  • May New: 16
  • May Re-watch: 2
  • May '11 Total: 18
  • May '10 Total: 68
  • 2011 Total: 286

No comments: