Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Gettin' Lucky 13

Now that Miike's 13 Assassins (2010) is screening at the Music Box I knew I had to pay a visit to catch this on the big screen. And fortunately they did screen it in theater one. I missed this at Fantastic Fest last year because I opted to see Jeffrey Combs live performance of Nevermore. I don't regret that decision as I knew I'd see 13 Assassins eventually. Thankful that I could see it in the theater as it definitely lives up the high praise. One of Miike's best. Amazing film. 9 / 10

From Lion Video I rented a double DVD that featured How to Score with Girls a.k.a. Cry Your Purple Heart Out (1976). Not a good film as it follows a group of sailors around NYC as they pick up women. But context makes it intriguing nevertheless. 5 / 10


  • June New: 2
  • June Re-watch: 0
  • June '11 MTD: 2
  • June '10 MTD: 64
  • 2011 YTD: 318

No comments: