Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rock Hard Eight

Dipping into VHS collection I was in need of some Rothrock so I gave Angel of Fury (1992) a spin. Not a very good flick but enjoyable simply because of Rothrock running and chasing and being chased. And kicking some ass in-between. 6 / 10

Hitchcock's Spellbound (1945) was also on my blindspot list but for some reason I thought I had seen it before. But soon I realized I had not so it made for a new watch and a good one even though you know how it's attempting to manipulate the viewer. Love Ingrid Bergman in this. 7.4 / 10

Headed out to the theater to finally catch Super 8 (2011), which I had been lukewarm in seeing based on the advanced buzz. And I gotta agree, J.J. Abrams doesn't entirely succeed with this film despite some good character moments. Still a good watch and one I'd certainly watch again. Esp. for the amazing performance by Elle Fanning, who steals the movie. 7 / 10

  • June New: 27
  • June Re-watch: 3
  • June '11 MTD: 30
  • June '10 MTD: 64
  • 2011 YTD: 346

No comments: