Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kaa Stew

The Marx Brothers' Duck Soup (1933) was on my blindspot list and I'm an ass for not seeing this brilliant comedy sooner. So much to love here. Everyone should see this film in their life. 8 / 10

Disney's animated The Jungle Book (1967) is a film I know I've watched in my childhood but having such a vague recollection I had to give it an honest watch. It holds up in every way and I enjoy this more than most of Disney's more recent animated Jungle work (ex. Lion King, Tarzan, etc.). Excellent voice acting. 7.7 / 10

Belphégor - Le fantôme du Louvre a.k.a. Belphegor, Phantom of the Louvre (2001) caught my attention on the French film shelf at the library. I wish it hadn't because this is a disaster. Sophie Marceau is haunted by a resurrected spirit in this silly mummy flick that lacks a point and adequate FX. View only as a curiosity otherwise avoid. 4 / 10

  • June New: 38
  • June Re-watch: 3
  • June '11 MTD: 41
  • June '10 MTD: 64
  • 2011 YTD: 357

No comments: