Sunday, June 26, 2011

Killer Fish Komedy

Michael Winterbottom's 9 Songs (2004) was expiring of the Instawatch so I was compelled to finally give it go despite what I had heard about it. And wowsa it's even more explicit than I imagined. I suppose that titillation is the attraction here because the story isn't that good. But a very interesting watch. 6.5 / 10

Swamp Shark (2011) premiered on SyFy and naturally I had to watch. Goes without saying that I'm sucker for killer fish flicks and this one mostly delivers. Kristy Swanson and D.B. Sweeney lead the charge to destroy the giant shark accidentally let loose in a swamp. It's dumb but fun. 6 / 10

Another blindspot film Martin Scorsese's The King of Comedy (1983) lives up to its reputation. Really didn't have much an interest to see this outside of needing to complete my project but I'm now converted. This is a stellar piece of work with an exceptional De Niro performance. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it. 8 / 10


  • June New: 60
  • June Re-watch: 4
  • June '11 MTD: 64
  • June '10 MTD: 64
  • 2011 YTD: 380

No comments: