Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My What Big Claws You Have

April Re-Watch Film: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) on Blu-Ray. Couldn't resist picking this up from the Quick Picks at my library. Despite numerous problems this is my kind of dumb film.

Knocking another 80s B-movie off my unseen list, I gave way to Neil Jordan's stylized werewolf film The Company of Wolves (1985 - US) that's actually a decent Little Red Riding Hood thriller despite being entirely told within in a dream sequence. Love the set pieces along w/look & feel. Effects are dated but work. A decent entry in the werewolf lineage.


Direct from NWI is the Italo-horror Monster of Venice (1965) a.k.a. The Embalmer. Not a great film by any means but attractive actresses (of course) and sneaky villain who embalms his beautiful victims and puts them on display made for a solid watch.
  • April New: 25
  • April Re-watch: 13
  • April Total: 38
  • 2010 TOTAL: 225

No comments: