Saturday, April 03, 2010

Not Just Another Film

April Re-Watch Film: A Better Tomorrow (1986). Chow Yun-Fat owns the final act.

Can finally saw that I've seen Condorman (1981). I'd love to have that Condorman car! Sweet film. Oliver Reed is a treasure.

From my library: Midnight Movies (2005). The documentary about the original midnight movies from the 70s. Apparently El Topo was the very first midnight movie, which I didn't know. Also highlights Pink Flamingos, The Harder They Come, NOTLD, Eraserhead & Rocky Horror (natch). Great that each director discusses their films & the others. Wish there was additional bonus coverage or interviews. There are zero extras. boo!


Also from my library: Just Another Love Story (2007), a danish neo-noir thriller that is pretty damn good. Definitely worth seeking out but DON'T WATCH THE TRAILER! It gives away so many key moments of the film. Stupid. Man, I was impressed with this flick. Watch it!
  • April New: 7
  • April Re-watch: 3
  • April Total: 10
  • 2010 TOTAL: 197

No comments: