Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mandingo Machete Ninja

Tonight I reached for another title from my SJC VHS Haul with Nine Deaths of the Ninja (1985) featuring Sho Kosugi! This one I vaguely remember from back in the day when me & my friend Keith would rent ninja movies. So cheesy and yet so much fun. Filmed in the Philippines (no surprise there) I almost feel this had some influence on Ong-Bak the way the villains are portrayed. This film exemplifies the type of bad I enjoy in my bad films. 6.9/10


When out for a late night screening at Showplace 14 of Machete (2010) since it might not get extended into the weekend. For a modern take on grindhouse exploitation flicks, it ain't all that bad albeit too long. Definitely needs 15 minutes or so cut. Love seeing all actors who signed up including Steven Seagal as a villain (first time, I believe). Trejo is fun. 7/10


My twilight viewing turned out to be Jess Franco's Mandingo Manhunter a.k.a. Devil Hunter (1980). Not a very good cannibal flick that teeters between disgusting and boring. Never been a fan of cannibal flicks from this time period so several of them I haven't seen. This is another example as to why I'm not a fan. 4.5/10
  • September New: 29
  • September Re-watch: 0
  • September Total: 29
  • 2010 TOTAL: 536

No comments: