Saturday, March 26, 2011

HorrorHound Weekend Day Two

Day Two of HorrorHound Weekend and I hit most of the screenings including the ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 preview, which looks so excellent. Rob Hall was there to discuss the film and show some of the kills. Nick Principe (ChromeSkull!) and Angelina Armani were also on hand to answer questions. Mike Flanagan's Absentia (2011) was first up and it's decent retelling of the troll-under-the-bridge folklore. Very low budget but it works. 6.7/10

The Frankenstein Syndrome (2010) had a few things going for it but the shitty-ass DVD pooped out so we missed the ending. I'll have to catch it sometime but I did watch the first 70 minutes or so nearly twice as they kept trying to fix it! Not enough Ed Ed Lauter but nice role for Tiffany Shepis. 6.5/10

Greydon Clark was at the show exhibiting on the dealer room and he made my weekend! For real. Such a blast to be around and hear stories from his movies. I could listen to him all day. He also screened Without Warning (1980), my favorite alien invasion film. Sadly it was fucked up b/c instead of getting the projector, Mondo Justin and Mike White had to use a DVD player on a 40" TV. So we pulled our chairs around as Greydon gave an intro before the film. Ducked out before the Q&A to grab a sandwich but now I wish I had stayed. Love this film and Greydon. The night before he signed my DVD and I bought a bunch of glossy promo stills and more DVDs. Also got the fabulous WW poster! Seriously this made my weekend. 7.2/10

Last screening was the work print of Eli Craig's Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil (2010). Despite missing several of the digital effects the film played extremely well to the crowd. Not surprising from everything that I had heard leading up to the screening. Such a funny deconstruction of the slasher genre. Definitely one to see. 8/10

The rest of the evening was more hanging with Kreepylady Kristin, Doctor Gore, @scottfinn until the Mushroomhead live show. @lanceC50 also showed up and I met @theannadynamite and many other people that Kristin introduced me to. Mushroomhead put on an excellent show. Quite a fun day!

Click: HorrorHound Weekend Day Three
Back: HorrorHound Weekend Day One

  • March New: 56
  • March Re-watch: 7
  • March '11 Total: 63
  • March '10 Total: 75
  • 2011 TOTAL: 224

No comments: