Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sci-Fi Spectacular at The Music Box

Yes, today was the Sci-Fi Spectacular at the Music Box! Because I had other shit going on I arrived during the screening of Krull. A little sad I missed most of it b/c I haven't seen it in a theater since its original release. At least I got to see Cyclops be the hero. Really adore that film. But I did have a free pass thanks to Twitch Film so I can't complain.

My first flick of the day was Critters 2: The Main Course (1988), which rocks. Also great to have director Mick Garris in attendance to provide some background and answer questions. Love this film. 7/10

Met up with Ron and pAT before Naked Lunch (1991). I've attempted to watch this in the past but never finished. This was a pretty scratched up print but great to watch despite the fucking moron girls talking the entire time. 7.5/10

Ran out to grab a (shitty) salad at Subway to make it back to the theater in time for Rubber (2010). This is one film that plays much better with a good audience and it's a better film that way. Glad I waited to catch this in the theater after missing it at Fantastic Fest last year. Best killer tire movie ever! 8/10

Next up was the 1988 version of The Blob, a film I had seen only in recent years but fell in love with immediately. Thrilled to see it on the big screen with an audience. 7.5/10

Event Horizon (1997) was the last film of the night and still nightmare inducing. (7/10) Was glad to see many of the usual suspects at the event. Rusty did a great job as always and glad Music Box dealt with the talkers. Already looking forward to next year's event!

  • March New: 47
  • March Re-watch: 4
  • March '11 Total: 51
  • March '10 Total: 75
  • 2011 TOTAL: 212

No comments: