Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Better Quartet

Was more than thrilled that my local cinema Showplace 12 is screening more S.Korean films. Tonight I went out to catch Song Hae-sung's Mujeogja (2010) a.k.a. A Better Tomorrow. And it is a remake of John Woo's brilliant film of the same name (he actually had a hand in this remake). For the most part it is faithful to the original with the same characters but even having seen the original as recently as this year, I still found this film very compelling. Much of that due to the excellent performances by all four lead actors. One of the better films I've seen this year. 7.7/10

My late night viewing consisted of Radley Metzger's sensual fantasy romp The Lickerish Quartet (1970). Been wanting to see after recently viewing the trailer. The visuals really caught my eye and the film lives up to providing an interesting story about an eccentric couple that invites a gorgeous woman into their home for a variety of sexual escapades. 6.5/10
  • November New: 32
  • November Re-watch: 3
  • November Total: 35
  • 2010 TOTAL: 693

No comments: