Thursday, November 11, 2010

Make a Wish

Received Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl (2009) from Netflix and I've been looking forward to seeing Yoshihiro Nishimura and Naoyuki Tomomatsu's collaboration since last year when I think it premiered at Fantastic Fest (or TIFF). Considering my waning interest in J-splatter horror this flick is actually pretty entertaining if not over the top towards the end. Might pick up the BD sometime. 6.5/10

From my library I dropped in Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones (2009). I skipped catching this last year due to the bad worth of mouth (and reviews). Yep, this is not a good film. I know there's some stories behind why this turned out so horribly bad but I don't even care. It's watchable and has some okay performances. Generous 6/10 rating.

Heard decent things about I Sell the Dead (2008) but found it kinda boring. Not a bad watch but all together not that interesting for period zombie piece. 6/10
  • November New: 23
  • November Re-watch: 1
  • November Total: 24
  • 2010 TOTAL: 682

No comments: