Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Octopus Man

A movie I've been wanting to see for probably 30 years is now available on Netflix Instant Watch!! Yes, I'm talking about Octaman (1971), a super awful monster flick directed by Harry Essex. I used to watch this on Sunday afternoons when one of the cable stations scheduled back to back monster movies. At the time I thought this was super terrifying and I loved it. Wasn't sure if I'd ever get to it again (never seen it on home video). It's another retelling of the classic Creature from the Black Lagoon down to the final sequence. Poor Octaman. He's just misunderstood. Of course it doesn't hold up to these wizened eyes but still charming for what they did on a meager budget. That costume is just hilarious. Would love to have a 1/6 figure of the Octaman. Or at least a replica of that little baby octopus he saves. 6.2/10 (for the nostalgia)
  • November New: 44
  • November Re-watch: 5
  • November Total: 49
  • 2010 TOTAL: 707

No comments: