Thursday, November 25, 2010

Noodled

Thanksgiving. Disney. My Girl. Pretty good combination for an afternoon movie outing of Tangled (2010), the latest animated feature film by Disney. Early buzz told me this was a good flick. I can confirm that it is. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and performances. Zachary Levi is excellent as is Mandy Moore. Fun time at a small packed theater full of families. Usually this would be a bad situation but it made it even more memorable. 8/10

After our evening subpar Thanksgiving dinner at a steakhouse, we decided to watch the Japanese foodie film Tampopo (1985), one I haven't seen in years and have been wanting to revisit. Sadly it's OOP but at least my girlfriend's library had it. All the parts I remembered held up quite well and made me wish we had ramen instead of turkey tonight. Forgot many of the stranger scenes (those with the Man in White, Kôji Yakusho). Ken Watanabe and Tsutomu Yamazaki are so great too. Highly recommended for foodie movie fans. 8/10
  • November New: 46
  • November Re-watch: 6
  • November Total: 52
  • 2010 TOTAL: 710

No comments: