Friday, November 19, 2010

Cruel Bloody Violence

Tonight I dove into my ECLIPSE SERIES 17: NIKKATSU NOIR Collection to watch Cruel Gun Story (1964). This is a caper film about an ex-con that gets offered a job upon exiting prison. He recruits some unsavory fellows and gets caught in a double-cross. Reminds me a lot of The Killing from the racetrack and overall heist plot. Not the same film of course but similarities with the lead and plot. 7/10

Anticipating the upcoming release of the latest Harry Potter flick I dropped in my blu-ray of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009). Think I enjoyed it more this time around. 7.5/10

Also watched Bruno Mattei's other women's prison flick, Violence in a Women's Prison (1982), which is nearly identical plot-wise to his Women's Prison Massacre. Features Laura Gemser as Emanuelle again along with most of the same cast shot in the same prison. Don't' like this version as much but still sleazy enough but the ending doesn't have the same impact. 700th film of the year! 5.8/10
  • November New: 38
  • November Re-watch: 4
  • November Total: 42
  • 2010 TOTAL: 700

No comments: