Friday, November 12, 2010

Will you do me a kindness?

Wasn't able to make a local screening of Winnebago Man (2009) but glad to have the DVD finally. This documentary has been high on my must-see list from the time I first heard about it. Even if you don't know the story of Jack Rebney, this is still a fascinating and moving watch. I remember the first time I saw the outtakes at Found Footage Festival well before they became available online. 8/10

Spun my Gamera (1965) blu-ray from Shout Factory and it's the best I've ever seen this flick. Last watched my cheapie DVD in January '09. So this is a nice update. 6.7/10

Speaking of cheapie DVDs, I decided to watch Roger Corman's The Terror (1963), a DVD I picked up at Half-Price Books for $1. Stars a really young Jack Nicholson and Boris Karloff. Not a bad flick about a soldier that washes up on a island and gets involved with a mysterious girl that lives in a castle there. Would like to see a good print of this. Some great visuals. 6.7/10

  • November New: 25
  • November Re-watch: 2
  • November Total: 27
  • 2010 TOTAL: 685

No comments: