Friday, October 15, 2010

Collection Tomb


It's October so that means I'm watching a lot of horror this month. Today is no exception. Picked up Vincent Price in the The Tomb of Ligeia (1964) off MGMHD. Kinda really dig Price's character here and his creepy sunglasses look. Directed by Roger Corman, the film isn't all that hot (Price has it to resurrect his old flame by using a new girl) but still very watchable. Edgar Allan Poe's short story is better but this is still good enough. I'll watch Price in anything. 6.4/10


Finally. Caught up with The Collector (2009), which I have heard good things about for a long time. Now I know why; it's an incredibly well paced and well crafted thriller in a torture horror wrapper. And my god is it bloody and brutally violent. Not the easiest watch. I cringed a lot during this viewing and despite how brilliantly executed this film is I'm not sure I want to watch it again. Nutshell: guys breaks into home to rob it only to find a killer already in the house torturing the residents. Then it becomes a cat & mouse game. Very good but uncomfortable watch. 7.5/10
  • October New: 24
  • October Re-watch: 6
  • October Total: 30
  • 2010 TOTAL: 614
(For those counting at home, that's 18 horror films watched so far this month!)

No comments: