Friday, October 22, 2010

Whipped

Dipped back into my DVR for an old Russ Meyer flick I had recorded ages ago on TCM, Mudhoney (1965). This is decent little movie about how a family and town deal with a belligerent and abusive man but possibly unfairly convicted by the people. Weird flick for a Depression era film but it has a few layers and I dug it. Features one of the most gorgeous women to appear on screen, Rena Horton (check that screencap). 6.7/10



Wanted to see Drew Barrymore's Whip It (2009) last year but just didn't work it out. Not that it would've made my top 10 (it wouldn't have) but I had heard a lot of good things about it. Yeah, it's a fun film and I actually like Ellen Page in this (mostly not a fan of hers). I think I enjoyed the supporting cast more than the actual story, which isn't new. And roller derby is always pretty cool to watch. 6.8/10
  • October New: 39
  • October Re-watch: 8
  • October Total: 47
  • 2010 TOTAL: 631

No comments: