Thursday, October 07, 2010

Entering The Void


Thursday and my night was set as I visited the Music Box Theater for the final screening of Gasper Noe's Enter The Void (2009). Wow. Is it possible to like and dislike a film at the same time? Feels like my eyeballs were raped for 2 hours. I'm disappointed that Music Box chose to screen this film in their small theater rather than the big screen. Definitely loses some of its impact on a smaller screen. Feel sorry for those who see this film on the small screen for their first viewing. Definitely won't be the same experience. You have to see it to know why. A few people left my screening. I'm already anticipating my next viewing. 8/10

Got home after that and recorded my first podcast as a guest host on Top 5 Film Podcast along with Brian Kelley (@BTSjunkie). It was their Fantastic Fest recap show and 3 of us attended the festival and Trevor Schoenfeld moderated. Jon Chang (@jonniechang) and Trevor (@Schofizzy) host the show normally. Occasionally they bring on guests. It was a good time and long recording! They'll have to break it up into 2 episodes, I'm sure. Updated: you can check out part one here and part two here - definitely worth hearing if you've been to Fantastic Fest or considering going).
  • October New: 12
  • October Re-watch: 1
  • October Total: 13
  • 2010 TOTAL: 597

No comments: