Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Absolutely Fabulous

Discovered today that Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains (1982) is on Instant Watch so I made time to watch because it's been one been wanting to catch up with for a long while. Had it on DVR from TCM but it was cut in half. Boo. Anyhoo, damn awesome flick. Little Diane Lane resembles Julia Stiles. Can't believe she was only 15 when they made that film. A must-see. 7.8/10

Feeling like something very vintage I dropped in my The Cat and the Canary (1927) DVD that I recently received. Such a rich silent film with tons of great atmosphere. Definitely better and more spooky than the Metzger remake. 7.4/10

Finally from NWI and triggered by one of Rupert's brilliant Netflix Instant Gems blog posts, I endured R.O.T.O.R. (1988). Believe that I saw parts of this back in the day but not enough to remember that WTF ending. Seriously? Not bad enough to be that enjoyable. If only the movie was half as good as that movie poster! :-( 3/10
  • December New: 16
  • December Re-watch: 2
  • December Total: 18
  • 2010 TOTAL: 735

No comments: