Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mystery Kids

It's Wednesday and you know what that means: Horror Movie Night! The selection tonight was Ed Hunt's Bloody Birthday (1981). Gotta hand it to Brian Kelley for the stellar programming. This is an evil children flick that I hadn't seen but since I have a fondness for such films, I was excited to sit down with this one. Definitely a cool flick about 3 kids born on the same day during a total eclipse. By age 10 they have intentions of murder. Fun! 6.5/10

From Netflix I had Gregg Araki's Mysterious Skin (2004) which I think I added to my queue because of Araki and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I heard was good in this. And this is true because I don't think this would be the easiest performance to pull off convincingly. Essentially JGL's character is molested as a child and grows up to be a male prostitute. Some intense scenes and not a film I could watch often. 7/10
  • December New: 36
  • December Re-watch: 3
  • December Total: 39
  • 2010 TOTAL: 756

No comments: