Sunday, December 19, 2010

Black Sunday

Started the day off in the wee hours after returning from Scott's home. Had Black Christmas (1974) saved on my DVR from TCM Underground and wanted to spin it. It's a great moody horror flick starring Olivia Hussey, whom I like a lot, plus John Saxon. Glad to have finally watched this film and plan to watch every December. 6.5/10

After several hours of needed sleep, I awoke to hit a matinee of TRON: Legacy 3D (2010), a film I had severely low expectations for considering the early word-of-mouth. But I gotta say, I truly enjoy this movie and how it was presented in 2D into the 3D grid. It just works for me. Yes, it's got a few problems but overall very enjoyable. Lots of eye candy not to mention Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett, who both look stunning. 6.7/10

For my afternoon viewing, I skipped the Portage Theater event and opted to just watch Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964) at home rather than on the big screen. It's not a good film but charming in its own way. I think this would've really appealed to me as a child with all the low budget costuming and set pieces. 5/10

Finally on NWI, I queued up The Order of the Black Eagle (1987) because I noticed @paulcorupe had recently viewed and it looked like my kind of flick. And it is! If you can imagine a low-rent James Bond with a baboon sidekick that can also pilot helicopters and tanks, than this one is for you too. Obviously meant to be ridiculous, it provided enough enjoyment for me. 6/10
  • December New: 47
  • December Re-watch: 5
  • December Total: 52
  • 2010 TOTAL: 769

No comments: