Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kiss Unmasked

Despite the capable cast (Clu Gulager!) Feast II: Sloppy Seconds (2008) fails to live up to excitement and general entertainment in the original Feast. Film takes place right where the first movie left us... but here the monsters have consumed a town and again a group of survivors struggle to, ahem, stay alive. Has a few okay moments but tries way to hard to please & disgust.

Finally caught up with Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire (2009) directed by Lee Daniels. Maybe I just wasn't in the best viewing mood but this film didn't strike the right chord with me. Yes, I think it's a solid film but the alt-universe visualization stuff didn't work for me. All the acting is excellent so I've already decided I will have to watch this again under better circumstances.


Missed this on NWI but was fortunate to get a copy from my library. Had to see this after GeekCouch watched it twice in one week raving about it. No question Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006) is an entertaining horror thriller with an unique docu-drama approach. Good times!
  • June New: 17
  • June Re-watch: 2
  • June Total: 19
  • 2010 TOTAL: 342

No comments: