Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Smut Sells

I'd seen enough clips from Street Trash (1987) that it seemed as though I'd seen the entire film. But this is truly the first time I have seen this cinematic wonder. I can only imagine what it would be like to witness this 80s b-movie treasure at the Drafthouse as it really is the perfect movie night flick. Someday I hope I can catch this one on the big screen w/an audience. It would be a blast, I'm sure.

Dipped back into my DVR storage for College Confidential (1960) featuring Steve Allen in the main role of a Sociology professor who finds himself embroiled in controversy for allegedly exposing his students to indecent subject matter during a "lifestyle" survey. Despite the lousy imdb ranking (4.3!), I found this to be a very watchable film. Granted it's far from being great but it does convey the sensationalism of a media blow-up fairly well. And all the woman are stunning in particular Cathy Crosby and her reveal during the trial. She's gorgeous! Plus another Elisha Cook Jr. sighting!
  • June New: 44
  • June Re-watch: 6
  • June Total: 50
  • 2010 TOTAL: 373

No comments: