Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Young Detectives in Love


After returning an unplayable DVD to Netflix, another one arrived so I could watch this highly anticipated comedy Mystery Team (2009) from Derrick Comedy. Unfortunately I think I was a victim to pre-screening hype from all those who watched this flick over the past year with an audience and Derrick Comedy in attendance. That is say that this little film was overwhelmingly embraced leading to unrealistic expectations. Is it funny? Yeah sure. It's like a perverse Encyclopedia Brown. But I wasn't bowled over. Would work better in a movie night setting.

Because I haven't seen any of the Poltergeist sequels I grabbed 2+3 DVD set from the library and plopped down to watch Poltergeist II: The Other Side (1986). From the get-go this became rather apparent that it was a very unnecessary sequel. It's more of the same from the first film but missing the soul and true scare factor. It just rehashes the same ground and it never really feels like the cast is trying. Not good.
  • June New: 57
  • June Re-watch: 6
  • June Total: 63
  • 2010 TOTAL: 386

No comments: