Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh My God, It's A Mirage

The fact that it took me three sittings to finish a 76 minute film should say more about me than it does about the film. In the case of Alfred Hitchcock's Sabotage (1936) I found the first 2 arcs exceptional but the ending (again) left me rather unfulfilled, esp. after the intense build-up. Hitchcock definitely knows tension and how to develop it until its crawling at your insides but I often find his resolution lacking by comparison. At least it makes the ride fun and here it's a good ride until the end.

Sex Drive (2008) is everything you would expect from a coming-of-age, road trip, modern teen sex comedy. And if you've seen any before this one then it's likely you've already seen this. That isn't to say this is a bad flick because it has its moments and I laughed a few times. But rather forgettable which I suppose is the point.

No comments: