Friday, December 25, 2009

Xmas In Transit

Packing for my flight to L.A. I'm channeling A Christmas Story (1983) on continual repeat.

Hours later: was extremely fortunate to get a decent flick on the flight. That would be Bandslam, a film I simple adore. Also I'm saddened this didn't more play during it's 2009 theater run. It's cute despite my issues w/protagonist totally bailing on the cute geek girl (Vanessa Hudgens). Look forward to a proper viewing eventually. Apologize for crushing on Alyson Michalka but she's way sexy in this.

Battle for Terra (2009) might be the most violent made-for-kids animated feature I've seen. I was perplexed while viewing this trying to understand the real audience as aliens and humans go all out blowing each other to bits. Because of that I'm not sure I really cared for this film. Oh, this one hit way back in 2007 at the Toronto Film Festival but didn't make to theaters domestically until 2009. And it fizzled.

No comments: