Saturday, August 28, 2010

Exorcising Movie Night

Been a long time coming but we finally nailed down another movie night today starting with big screen viewing of Daniel Stamm's The Last Exorcism (2010) at Tinseltown in S.Aurora. Think we're all in agreement that this is a terrific little horror mockumentary of the fallacies of performing exorcisms. All the actors are excellent with Patrick Fabian as the centerpiece selling his Cotton Marcus (still wish Eli Roth stayed with "Cotton" as the title). Now I know why people are having problems with the ending but I absolutely love it. 7/10


Now back at Ron's home and possibly a little giddy we opted for Sir Sean Connery in a diaper and screened Zardoz (1974). I've only heard the stories about this incredible and incredibly bad piece of cinema and now I can say I've witnessed it with my own eyes. Quite unbelievable. Seriously, penis is evil. Must be seen to be believed. Helps if you've seen or read The Wizard of Oz. Clue! 5.5/10

Finished the evening with a current favorite, Kim Ji-woon's The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008), my 3rd viewing to date. Fun to watch with my friends. I don't think I will ever tire of this film. Great way to end the evening! 9/10
  • August New: 47
  • August Re-watch: 11
  • August Total: 58
  • 2010 TOTAL: 499

No comments: