Friday, August 13, 2010

Rolling Roadshow


Cruised down to Joliet fighting the traffic most of the way to attend the Alamo Drafthouse Rolling Roadshow event at old Joliet Prison for a screening of The Blues Brothers (1980). Originally I didn't care so much about attending esp. since I had another Horror Society film event that same evening. However, due to chatter about the last weekend's Rolling Roadshow events in California, I became much more enthused about hitting this one. Glad I did despite the location change from the storm.

Tell me this wasn't gonna be cool as hell. The screening was moved from outside the prison to inside a nearby church. Sitting in the church pew wasn't exactly comfortable but watching this nearly perfect film w/a bunch of townies more than made up for it.
  • August New: 21
  • August Re-watch: 1
  • August Total: 22
  • 2010 TOTAL: 463
(my first official re-watch of the month!)

No comments: